|By Marketwired .||
|November 6, 2012 05:35 PM EST||
CINISELLO BALSAMO, ITALY -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Aiming at enhancing the enforcement actions taken to combat crime in the entire Italian territory, the Department of Public Security of the Italian Ministry of the Interior adopted an advanced business intelligence system based on Oracle Businesss Intelligence to produce detailed analysis of criminal events evaluating all the aspects of each crime (victim, author, geography, time, type, etc). The solution has been developed within the SIGR project (Integrated System for the Georeferencing of Crimes) with the support of Iconsulting, Oracle's Platinum Partner, which has in-depth expertise in the field of Business and Location Intelligence. Today the new system allows the Department of Public Safety to be quickly updated on the progress of cases and the Italian situation related to crimes.
- At the beginning of 2012, the Department of Public Safety chose to adopt a single centralized tool to produce logical and structured analysis to support investigations, to obtain useful information and to combat crime over the whole of Italy. To achieve all of this, the Department of Public Safety decided to develop a solution beyond the traditional features of Business Intelligence, mainly used for business reporting and statistics.
- To carry out the ambitious project, concluded in June 2012, the Italian Ministry of the Interior leveraged the consulting support of Iconsulting and Oracle's Business and Location Intelligence technologies, integrated with a library developed by Iconsulting through its Location Intelligence team. The result was a platform that adds to the traditional -- even advanced -- analysis of crimes, based on graphs and tables, also geolocation analysis used to locate crimes on a map.
- Oracle Database and Oracle Spatial were implemented to better manage and integrate all data, geographical analysis and statistical data from the current investigation system. Moreover the system has leveraged Oracle Fusion Middleware MapViewer to add a cartographic view to the classic views (tabular and graphical) of crimes.
- The Ministry of the Interior's platform enables three levels of analysis (related to geographical and vital data, related to crime type, real-time research), in order to meet different kinds of needs.
- Already today, a group of Italian police officers are using the new system and their number will considerably increase over the next few months. The SIGR capability will allow the officers to analyze the existing information database of alphanumeric and geospatial data regarding crime at a national level.
- The system is based on an intuitive, comprehensive and accurate interface, which considerably reduces the response times to queries.
- In the future, thanks to the new solution, the Department of Public Safety will have the chance to produce predictive and proactive analysis that will manage Police resources more effectively, patrolling the streets which are more at risk or placing security guards in very critical areas. The system will allow research activities of danger patterns, using typical characteristics of crime (e.g. the time slot in which the highest number of crimes occur is between 1:00 and 3:00 am) and geospatial features of the territory (e.g. the proximity of points of interest, such as a nightclub).
- "Oracle's mission is to provide public and private companies with technologies that allow them to enhance and transform their business while reducing IT complexity: the project carried out by the Italian Ministry of the Interior is an exemplary demonstration," said Pierfrancesco Di Giuseppe, Oracle Italy's Country Leader. "Oracle's technology enables a new way to combat crime for the Italian Ministry of the Interior, providing Police Forces with new intelligence arms to better understand crimes and those who commit them through a single and centralized system. This is an ideal project where technology serves our citizens and our communities."
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Spatial
- Oracle Fusion Middleware MapViewer
- Oracle Public Sector
- Oracle Justice and Public Safety
- Ministero dell'Interno
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,931
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,331
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 622
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,433
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Oct. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,751
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 568
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,812
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,478
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,656
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,127
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,974
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,453
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Oct. 1, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,717
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Oct. 1, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 683
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Oct. 1, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 761
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Oct. 1, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,153
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 1, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 534
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Oct. 1, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 533
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 731
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Oct. 1, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,051