|By Marketwired .||
|November 6, 2012 05:35 PM EST||
CINISELLO BALSAMO, ITALY -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Aiming at enhancing the enforcement actions taken to combat crime in the entire Italian territory, the Department of Public Security of the Italian Ministry of the Interior adopted an advanced business intelligence system based on Oracle Businesss Intelligence to produce detailed analysis of criminal events evaluating all the aspects of each crime (victim, author, geography, time, type, etc). The solution has been developed within the SIGR project (Integrated System for the Georeferencing of Crimes) with the support of Iconsulting, Oracle's Platinum Partner, which has in-depth expertise in the field of Business and Location Intelligence. Today the new system allows the Department of Public Safety to be quickly updated on the progress of cases and the Italian situation related to crimes.
- At the beginning of 2012, the Department of Public Safety chose to adopt a single centralized tool to produce logical and structured analysis to support investigations, to obtain useful information and to combat crime over the whole of Italy. To achieve all of this, the Department of Public Safety decided to develop a solution beyond the traditional features of Business Intelligence, mainly used for business reporting and statistics.
- To carry out the ambitious project, concluded in June 2012, the Italian Ministry of the Interior leveraged the consulting support of Iconsulting and Oracle's Business and Location Intelligence technologies, integrated with a library developed by Iconsulting through its Location Intelligence team. The result was a platform that adds to the traditional -- even advanced -- analysis of crimes, based on graphs and tables, also geolocation analysis used to locate crimes on a map.
- Oracle Database and Oracle Spatial were implemented to better manage and integrate all data, geographical analysis and statistical data from the current investigation system. Moreover the system has leveraged Oracle Fusion Middleware MapViewer to add a cartographic view to the classic views (tabular and graphical) of crimes.
- The Ministry of the Interior's platform enables three levels of analysis (related to geographical and vital data, related to crime type, real-time research), in order to meet different kinds of needs.
- Already today, a group of Italian police officers are using the new system and their number will considerably increase over the next few months. The SIGR capability will allow the officers to analyze the existing information database of alphanumeric and geospatial data regarding crime at a national level.
- The system is based on an intuitive, comprehensive and accurate interface, which considerably reduces the response times to queries.
- In the future, thanks to the new solution, the Department of Public Safety will have the chance to produce predictive and proactive analysis that will manage Police resources more effectively, patrolling the streets which are more at risk or placing security guards in very critical areas. The system will allow research activities of danger patterns, using typical characteristics of crime (e.g. the time slot in which the highest number of crimes occur is between 1:00 and 3:00 am) and geospatial features of the territory (e.g. the proximity of points of interest, such as a nightclub).
- "Oracle's mission is to provide public and private companies with technologies that allow them to enhance and transform their business while reducing IT complexity: the project carried out by the Italian Ministry of the Interior is an exemplary demonstration," said Pierfrancesco Di Giuseppe, Oracle Italy's Country Leader. "Oracle's technology enables a new way to combat crime for the Italian Ministry of the Interior, providing Police Forces with new intelligence arms to better understand crimes and those who commit them through a single and centralized system. This is an ideal project where technology serves our citizens and our communities."
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Spatial
- Oracle Fusion Middleware MapViewer
- Oracle Public Sector
- Oracle Justice and Public Safety
- Ministero dell'Interno
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 AM EST Reads: 118
TechTarget storage websites are the best online information resource for news, tips and expert advice for the storage, backup and disaster recovery markets. By creating abundant, high-quality editorial content across more than 140 highly targeted technology-specific websites, TechTarget attracts and nurtures communities of technology buyers researching their companies' information technology needs. By understanding these buyers' content consumption behaviors, TechTarget creates the purchase inte...
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 AM EST Reads: 867
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life settle...
Feb. 20, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 151
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business. Though, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected with a majority of IoT projects having failed. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief IoTologist at Wipro, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology portfolios and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will delve in...
Feb. 20, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 1,179
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 20, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 171
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Feb. 20, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 5,109
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Feb. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,138
SYS-CON Events announced today that SD Times | BZ Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BZ Media LLC is a high-tech media company that produces technical conferences and expositions, and publishes a magazine, newsletters and websites in the software development, SharePoint, mobile development and commercial UAV markets.
Feb. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,459
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 20, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 1,345
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Feb. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,128
China Unicom exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE FDD, TD-LTE), fixed-line broadband, ICT, data communica...
Feb. 20, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 839
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Feb. 20, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,426
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 19, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 6,168
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 19, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 851
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often un...
Feb. 19, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 2,841
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Feb. 19, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 3,170
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 19, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,100
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 19, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,415
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 19, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 971
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 8,030