|By Marketwired .||
|November 6, 2012 05:35 PM EST||
CINISELLO BALSAMO, ITALY -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Aiming at enhancing the enforcement actions taken to combat crime in the entire Italian territory, the Department of Public Security of the Italian Ministry of the Interior adopted an advanced business intelligence system based on Oracle Businesss Intelligence to produce detailed analysis of criminal events evaluating all the aspects of each crime (victim, author, geography, time, type, etc). The solution has been developed within the SIGR project (Integrated System for the Georeferencing of Crimes) with the support of Iconsulting, Oracle's Platinum Partner, which has in-depth expertise in the field of Business and Location Intelligence. Today the new system allows the Department of Public Safety to be quickly updated on the progress of cases and the Italian situation related to crimes.
- At the beginning of 2012, the Department of Public Safety chose to adopt a single centralized tool to produce logical and structured analysis to support investigations, to obtain useful information and to combat crime over the whole of Italy. To achieve all of this, the Department of Public Safety decided to develop a solution beyond the traditional features of Business Intelligence, mainly used for business reporting and statistics.
- To carry out the ambitious project, concluded in June 2012, the Italian Ministry of the Interior leveraged the consulting support of Iconsulting and Oracle's Business and Location Intelligence technologies, integrated with a library developed by Iconsulting through its Location Intelligence team. The result was a platform that adds to the traditional -- even advanced -- analysis of crimes, based on graphs and tables, also geolocation analysis used to locate crimes on a map.
- Oracle Database and Oracle Spatial were implemented to better manage and integrate all data, geographical analysis and statistical data from the current investigation system. Moreover the system has leveraged Oracle Fusion Middleware MapViewer to add a cartographic view to the classic views (tabular and graphical) of crimes.
- The Ministry of the Interior's platform enables three levels of analysis (related to geographical and vital data, related to crime type, real-time research), in order to meet different kinds of needs.
- Already today, a group of Italian police officers are using the new system and their number will considerably increase over the next few months. The SIGR capability will allow the officers to analyze the existing information database of alphanumeric and geospatial data regarding crime at a national level.
- The system is based on an intuitive, comprehensive and accurate interface, which considerably reduces the response times to queries.
- In the future, thanks to the new solution, the Department of Public Safety will have the chance to produce predictive and proactive analysis that will manage Police resources more effectively, patrolling the streets which are more at risk or placing security guards in very critical areas. The system will allow research activities of danger patterns, using typical characteristics of crime (e.g. the time slot in which the highest number of crimes occur is between 1:00 and 3:00 am) and geospatial features of the territory (e.g. the proximity of points of interest, such as a nightclub).
- "Oracle's mission is to provide public and private companies with technologies that allow them to enhance and transform their business while reducing IT complexity: the project carried out by the Italian Ministry of the Interior is an exemplary demonstration," said Pierfrancesco Di Giuseppe, Oracle Italy's Country Leader. "Oracle's technology enables a new way to combat crime for the Italian Ministry of the Interior, providing Police Forces with new intelligence arms to better understand crimes and those who commit them through a single and centralized system. This is an ideal project where technology serves our citizens and our communities."
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Spatial
- Oracle Fusion Middleware MapViewer
- Oracle Public Sector
- Oracle Justice and Public Safety
- Ministero dell'Interno
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jul. 23, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 557
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 23, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 580
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jul. 23, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,135
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jul. 23, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,911
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,331
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jul. 23, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,049
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 23, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,013
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 23, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,151
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, explained how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Jul. 23, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 719
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 22, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 974
Early adopters of IoT viewed it mainly as a different term for machine-to-machine connectivity or M2M. This is understandable since a prerequisite for any IoT solution is the ability to collect and aggregate device data, which is most often presented in a dashboard. The problem is that viewing data in a dashboard requires a human to interpret the results and take manual action, which doesn’t scale to the needs of IoT.
Jul. 22, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,790
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jul. 22, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,824
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jul. 22, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,182
“delaPlex Software provides software outsourcing services. We have a hybrid model where we have onshore developers and project managers that we can place anywhere in the U.S. or in Europe,” explained Manish Sachdeva, CEO at delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 22, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,416
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 22, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,985
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 22, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,605
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 22, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,382
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jul. 22, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,900
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Jul. 22, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,075
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Jul. 22, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,916