|By Marketwired .||
|November 15, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Continuing its commitment to helping organizations deliver best-in-class customer experiences by tapping into enterprise data, Oracle today announced Oracle Knowledge 8.5, the industry-leading knowledge management software that supports web self-service, agent-assisted service and customer communities.
- Oracle Knowledge 8.5 is the most comprehensive release since the acquisition of Inquira in October 2011. It introduces significant product enhancements, improved analytics and advances in both performance and scalability.
- Organizations today understand the imperative to deliver consistent, high-quality customer service and support across channels. Additionally, organizations recognize the need for intelligence to assist in this process. Oracle Knowledge 8.5 proactively delivers relevant, contextual knowledge at the point of interaction to agents, knowledge workers, and customers -- helping increase customer loyalty and reduce costs.
- By enabling searches across a wide variety of sources, Oracle Knowledge 8.5 amplifies access to knowledge once hidden in the myriad systems, applications and databases used to store enterprise content.
- AnswerFlow for Guided Navigation & Answer Delivery: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 introduces AnswerFlow, a new application for guided troubleshooting and answer delivery, designed to improve efficiency, lower service costs and provide personalized customer service experiences.
- Enhanced Knowledge Analytics: Standardized on Oracle's Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, the industry leading business intelligence suite, Oracle Knowledge 8.5 provides robust analytics functionality that can be tailored to meet unique business needs for different user roles.
- Actionable Knowledge Analytics Dashboards: Out-of-the-box dashboards that provide targeted, actionable insights that empower optimized search and content creation in order to meaningfully reduce the effort to find the right information.
- Enhanced Language Support: With the enhanced multilingual capabilities available in Oracle Knowledge 8.5, including Natural Language Search support for 16 Languages and Enhanced Keyword Search for most other authoring languages, businesses can rapidly expand global footprints and reach new customers while at the same time reducing the costs of doing so.
- Enhanced Multi-lingual Industry Support: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 delivers enhanced out-of-the-box industry ontologies covering 14 languages for the High-Tech, Communications, Financial Services, Insurance and Automotive industries as well as customer help ontology for industry-specific intent-based search.
- Expanded Language Model for Global Customers: The new 3-level language model "Global - Language - Locale" within Oracle Knowledge 8.5 provides simplification, automation and an improved search experience for organizations with a global footprint.
- Improved iConnect Functionality: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 delivers enhanced iConnect for better usability and performance. This specialized knowledge application proactively delivers contextualized knowledge directly into CRM applications, allowing front-line employees to reduce the effort to serve customers.
- Platform & Technology Standardization: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 has been certified on Oracle technologies, including Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, reducing cost and complexity for customers to manage assets across platforms.
Oracle Knowledge 8.5 provides the following additional benefits:
- The Natural Language Search and Contextual Answer Delivery capabilities in Oracle Knowledge 8.5 understand the true intent of each inquiry, helping to deliver the best possible answers to customers quickly and efficiently.
- Significant improvements in scaling and performance capabilities offered with this latest release help organizations to lower administration and operating expenses.
- Powerful content acquisition support across multiple, disparate sources offers eased insight into what knowledge is created and helps to make knowledge creation an integral part of the service request process.
"Every day, the world's leading brands rely on Oracle Knowledge to delight the customer and make sales and support teams more efficient and productive through unified knowledge. The introduction of Oracle Knowledge 8.5 creates new opportunities for organizations to efficiently harness their content to empower their customers and frontline employees," said David Vap, Group Vice President Products, Oracle. "We have made significant development investments since our acquisition of Inquira, and we are now very proud to announce the availability of these efforts with the release of Oracle Knowledge 8.5, making it easier for organizations to gain differentiated advantage at a significantly lower total cost of ownership."
- Oracle Knowledge 8.5
- Oracle Customer Experience
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
Oracle CX on Social Media
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,864
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 806
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,944
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,341
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 640
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,436
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Oct. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,755
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 578
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,820
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,485
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,658
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,129
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,460
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,979
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Oct. 1, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,719
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Oct. 1, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 691
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Oct. 1, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,158
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 1, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 556
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Oct. 1, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 763
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Oct. 1, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 538