|By Marketwired .||
|November 15, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Continuing its commitment to helping organizations deliver best-in-class customer experiences by tapping into enterprise data, Oracle today announced Oracle Knowledge 8.5, the industry-leading knowledge management software that supports web self-service, agent-assisted service and customer communities.
- Oracle Knowledge 8.5 is the most comprehensive release since the acquisition of Inquira in October 2011. It introduces significant product enhancements, improved analytics and advances in both performance and scalability.
- Organizations today understand the imperative to deliver consistent, high-quality customer service and support across channels. Additionally, organizations recognize the need for intelligence to assist in this process. Oracle Knowledge 8.5 proactively delivers relevant, contextual knowledge at the point of interaction to agents, knowledge workers, and customers -- helping increase customer loyalty and reduce costs.
- By enabling searches across a wide variety of sources, Oracle Knowledge 8.5 amplifies access to knowledge once hidden in the myriad systems, applications and databases used to store enterprise content.
- AnswerFlow for Guided Navigation & Answer Delivery: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 introduces AnswerFlow, a new application for guided troubleshooting and answer delivery, designed to improve efficiency, lower service costs and provide personalized customer service experiences.
- Enhanced Knowledge Analytics: Standardized on Oracle's Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, the industry leading business intelligence suite, Oracle Knowledge 8.5 provides robust analytics functionality that can be tailored to meet unique business needs for different user roles.
- Actionable Knowledge Analytics Dashboards: Out-of-the-box dashboards that provide targeted, actionable insights that empower optimized search and content creation in order to meaningfully reduce the effort to find the right information.
- Enhanced Language Support: With the enhanced multilingual capabilities available in Oracle Knowledge 8.5, including Natural Language Search support for 16 Languages and Enhanced Keyword Search for most other authoring languages, businesses can rapidly expand global footprints and reach new customers while at the same time reducing the costs of doing so.
- Enhanced Multi-lingual Industry Support: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 delivers enhanced out-of-the-box industry ontologies covering 14 languages for the High-Tech, Communications, Financial Services, Insurance and Automotive industries as well as customer help ontology for industry-specific intent-based search.
- Expanded Language Model for Global Customers: The new 3-level language model "Global - Language - Locale" within Oracle Knowledge 8.5 provides simplification, automation and an improved search experience for organizations with a global footprint.
- Improved iConnect Functionality: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 delivers enhanced iConnect for better usability and performance. This specialized knowledge application proactively delivers contextualized knowledge directly into CRM applications, allowing front-line employees to reduce the effort to serve customers.
- Platform & Technology Standardization: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 has been certified on Oracle technologies, including Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, reducing cost and complexity for customers to manage assets across platforms.
Oracle Knowledge 8.5 provides the following additional benefits:
- The Natural Language Search and Contextual Answer Delivery capabilities in Oracle Knowledge 8.5 understand the true intent of each inquiry, helping to deliver the best possible answers to customers quickly and efficiently.
- Significant improvements in scaling and performance capabilities offered with this latest release help organizations to lower administration and operating expenses.
- Powerful content acquisition support across multiple, disparate sources offers eased insight into what knowledge is created and helps to make knowledge creation an integral part of the service request process.
"Every day, the world's leading brands rely on Oracle Knowledge to delight the customer and make sales and support teams more efficient and productive through unified knowledge. The introduction of Oracle Knowledge 8.5 creates new opportunities for organizations to efficiently harness their content to empower their customers and frontline employees," said David Vap, Group Vice President Products, Oracle. "We have made significant development investments since our acquisition of Inquira, and we are now very proud to announce the availability of these efforts with the release of Oracle Knowledge 8.5, making it easier for organizations to gain differentiated advantage at a significantly lower total cost of ownership."
- Oracle Knowledge 8.5
- Oracle Customer Experience
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
Oracle CX on Social Media
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 7, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 825
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 1,187
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 7, 2016 08:15 PM EST Reads: 2,207
IoT solutions exploit operational data generated by Internet-connected smart “things” for the purpose of gaining operational insight and producing “better outcomes” (for example, create new business models, eliminate unscheduled maintenance, etc.). The explosive proliferation of IoT solutions will result in an exponential growth in the volume of IoT data, precipitating significant Information Governance issues: who owns the IoT data, what are the rights/duties of IoT solutions adopters towards t...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 270
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 930
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,753
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,679
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 380
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 7, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,265
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 7, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,787
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 7, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 944
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 4,321
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 7, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,126
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 7, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 2,202
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 7, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,392
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,127
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 7, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 763
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 7, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 853
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 654
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band-aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It does...
Dec. 7, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,137