|By Marketwired .||
|December 4, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/04/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced new software enhancements to the Oracle SPARC SuperCluster engineered system which enable customers to consolidate any combination of mission-critical enterprise databases, middleware and applications on a single system and rapidly deploy secure, self-service cloud services.
- SPARC SuperCluster can deliver 10x application consolidation ratios using the new layered, zero-overhead virtualization combined with the database offload functions of Oracle Exadata Storage Servers and extremely efficient networking.
- SPARC SuperCluster customers can now:
- Deploy mission-critical, multi-tenant applications faster, without virtualization overhead, using Oracle Solaris Zone workload isolation capabilities.
- Virtualize Oracle Databases running on Oracle Exadata X3 Storage Servers within Oracle Solaris Zones to enable secure, isolated database services in a cloud.
- Deploy multiple Oracle Database and enterprise application domains on each SPARC SuperCluster compute node to maximize consolidation and cloud deployment flexibility.
- Reallocate CPU and memory resources across existing SPARC SuperCluster domains and zones to meet changing workload requirements.
Deploy Secure, Self-Service Cloud Services Faster with SPARC SuperCluster
- SPARC SuperCluster with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c enables up to 10x faster provisioning of multi-tenant application cloud services versus manual provisioning and using multiple tools, and up to 32x faster deployment of an Oracle Database instance versus manual installation.
- SPARC SuperCluster also provides a complete cloud lifecycle management solution through Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
Engineered for Extreme Efficiency, Cost Savings and Performance
- Compared to customer integrated systems, the SPARC SuperCluster delivers:
- 5x faster time-to-value, cutting time from installation to production from months with customer integrated systems to weeks with the SPARC SuperCluster system.
- 10x better performance for data warehousing through integrating the latest Oracle Exadata X3 Storage Servers built in to every SPARC SuperCluster.
- Virtualized applications that run as quickly and efficiently as bare metal deployments, using the SPARC T4 processor's built-in hypervisor.
- Customers save operational costs by consolidating Oracle Solaris 10 and earlier environments onto the high performance, extremely efficient SPARC SuperCluster without modifying day to day operations of those environments.
- SPARC SuperCluster customers also have access to Oracle Premier Support, including Oracle Platinum Services, which provides engineered systems customers running a supported configuration with 24/7 Oracle remote fault monitoring, industry-leading response and restore times, and quarterly patch updates deployed directly to their systems, enabling high availability in mission critical IT environments.
- "Only Oracle SPARC SuperCluster combines layered, zero-overhead virtualization for efficient consolidation with a self-service cloud platform for database, middleware and applications," said Ganesh Ramamurthy, vice president of engineering, Oracle. "SPARC SuperCluster customers are already reporting 10x or higher consolidation ratios and dramatic reductions in the time and effort required to deploy new applications. The SPARC SuperCluster's new ability to quickly and securely deploy new cloud services provides our customers a safe, cost-effective transition to a cloud based infrastructure."
- SPARC SuperCluster
- Podcast: The Business Value of Oracle SPARC SuperCluster
- Enterprise Database Cloud with SPARC SuperCluster
- White Paper: Deploying an Enterprise Database Cloud Using Oracle SPARC SuperCluster
- Flash Demo: SPARC SuperCluster
- Oracle Solaris on OTN
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
About Oracle SPARC SuperCluster T4-4
Oracle SPARC SuperCluster T4-4 is the world's most efficient multi-purpose engineered system, delivering extreme efficiency, cost savings, and performance for consolidating mission critical applications and rapidly deploying cloud services. The SPARC SuperCluster T4-4 combines Oracle's SPARC T4-4 servers running Oracle Solaris 11 with the database optimization of Oracle Exadata, the accelerated processing of Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software, the high throughput and availability of Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance, and unified systems management of Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c. Part of Oracle's engineered systems family, the SPARC SuperCluster T4-4 demonstrates Oracle's unique ability to innovate and optimize at every layer of technology to simplify data center operations, drive down costs, and accelerate business innovation.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com/.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 11, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 407
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 11, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 439
The Quantified Economy represents the total global addressable market (TAM) for IoT that, according to a recent IDC report, will grow to an unprecedented $1.3 trillion by 2019. With this the third wave of the Internet-global proliferation of connected devices, appliances and sensors is poised to take off in 2016. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David McLauchlan, CEO and co-founder of Buddy Platform, will discuss how the ability to access and analyze the massive volume of streaming data from mil...
Feb. 11, 2016 01:45 PM EST
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
Feb. 11, 2016 01:45 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 11, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 437
WebSocket is effectively a persistent and fat pipe that is compatible with a standard web infrastructure; a "TCP for the Web." If you think of WebSocket in this light, there are other more hugely interesting applications of WebSocket than just simply sending data to a browser. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Frank Greco, Director of Technology for Kaazing Corporation, will compare other modern web connectivity methods such as HTTP/2, HTTP Streaming, Server-Sent Events and new W3C event APIs ...
Feb. 11, 2016 12:00 PM EST
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 11, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 209
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 11, 2016 11:30 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 11, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 247
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 11, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 125
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 11, 2016 10:15 AM EST
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 11, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 395
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 11, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 201
SYS-CON Events announced today that iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. iDevices, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, has a growing line of HomeKit-enabled products available at the largest retailers worldwide. Through the “Designed with iDevices” co-development program and its custom-built IoT Cloud Infrastruc...
Feb. 11, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 111
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 11, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 444
Silver Spring Networks, Inc. (NYSE: SSNI) extended its Internet of Things technology platform with performance enhancements to Gen5 – its fifth generation critical infrastructure networking platform. Already delivering nearly 23 million devices on five continents as one of the leading networking providers in the market, Silver Spring announced it is doubling the maximum speed of its Gen5 network to up to 2.4 Mbps, increasing computational performance by 10x, supporting simultaneous mesh communic...
Feb. 11, 2016 05:00 AM EST
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 11, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 215
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 11, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 237
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 10, 2016 11:45 PM EST Reads: 118
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 631