|By Business Wire||
|December 12, 2012 09:20 AM EST||
Parallels®, the hosting and cloud services enablement leader, announced its roster of exciting keynote speakers for Parallels Summit 2013, the leading global annual gathering of the cloud industry, scheduled from February 4-6, 2013, at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada. Parallels featured keynote speakers include Jeremy Gutsche, an innovation expert, award-winning author of Exploiting Chaos, and founder of TrendHunter.com; Tim Harmon who as Principal Analyst, Forrester Research, Inc. serves technology marketing professionals in developing SMB go-to-market channels; and Tod Nielsen, Co-President of Application Platform, VMware. Each are industry experts whose collective insight is highly sought-after for creating strategies to market IT services to small and medium businesses (SMBs).
Members of Parallels’ leadership team will also deliver keynote speeches – including Birger Steen, CEO; Serguei Beloussov, Executive Chairman of the Board & Chief Architect; and Jack Zubarev, President, Marketing and Alliances. These hosting industry authorities will share what Parallels has been developing in the last year including the latest innovations in Parallels software, offering attendees deep insight into their customers, and access to the broadest ecosystem of partners – all to make it easy for you to sell cloud services to SMBs.
Parallels Summit will feature rich sessions with integrated in-depth content arranged in three distinct tracks:
- Business track will feature innovative ways to understand and more deeply analyze customers behaviors
- Technical track is focused on how to make the best use of the latest innovations from Parallels R&D
- Developer track is for those who want to build and integrate rich services using the Application Packaging Standard (APS) in a way that was never possible before
In addition to the keynotes and training sessions, conference attendees will receive a detailed overview of Parallels product roadmap in advance of public announcements. Parallels SMB Cloud Insights™ research will be updated with all new analysis for US, Global, Mexico, and Brazil exploring what services SMBs say they want to buy from cloud service providers.
“I am looking forward to Parallels Summit 2013. Gathering the brightest and most innovative minds in the industry, Parallels Summit creates moments for attendees to make important connections,” said Birger Steen, CEO, Parallels. “Attendees will discover the latest solutions, gain insight from industry experts, network with their peers and move their business forward. All this in just a couple of days because the entire ecosystem will be there.”
Parallels invites attendees to register now and join the more than 1,500 industry influencers, leading technology analysts, media editors and reporters and online influentials from across the globe. From cloud service providers and developers, hosting companies, communication service providers (CSPs) to value-added resellers (VARs) and independent software vendors (ISVs), Parallels Summit 2013 is an unrivaled opportunity to build relationships with the leading players in the cloud space.
Keynote speakers at Parallels Summit 2012 include:
- Jeremy Gutsche is an innovation expert, the award-winning author of Exploiting Chaos, “one of North America’s most requested keynote speakers,” a judge on BNN’s TV show “The Pitch,” and the founder of TrendHunter.com, the world’s largest, most popular collection of cutting-edge trends, attracting nearly 1 BILLION views. He studied innovation at Stanford, received his MBA from Queen’s University and graduated as a Chancellor Scholar in finance from University of Calgary, where he was later awarded Graduate of the Decade. Prior to Trend Hunter, he grew a $1 billion portfolio of products at Capital One, as one of their youngest business directors. He is routinely sourced by the media, from The Economist to CNN and Entertainment Tonight to The New York Times. He has been described as “a new breed of trend spotter” by The Guardian, “an eagle eye” by Global TV, an “Oracle” by the Globe and Mail, an “intellectual can of Red Bull” by Association Week and “on the forefront of cool” by MTV.
- Tim Harmon serves Technology Marketing Professionals in developing SMB go-to-market channels via the application of best practices, business plans, metrics, tools, resources, relationships, and competitive intelligence. His research focuses on the impact of cloud computing and digital marketing on demand chain business models. Tim is a leading expert on business applications software (enterprise resource planning, business intelligence, marketing automation, and social project/collaboration management) and networking and hardware technologies. Prior to joining Forrester, Tim served in executive management and mentoring roles in the vendor, user, industry analyst, and venture capital aspects of the IT industry. He has been a featured speaker at many industry conferences involving business intelligence, data warehousing, performance management, and enterprise applications and has been published in Austin-American Statesman, BI Review, DM Review, and Intelligent Enterprise.
- Tod Nielsen joined VMware in January 2009 and leads the company’s application platform business, bringing more than 20 years of leadership experience in enterprise software and application development. Most recently, he was president and chief executive officer of Borland Software, where he had led the company since November 2005. Prior to Borland, he served as senior vice president of marketing and global sales support for Oracle and was chief marketing officer and executive vice president of engineering at BEA Systems, where he oversaw BEA’s worldwide marketing strategy, operations and research and development. Nielsen joined BEA after the acquisition of his private company, Crossgain Inc., where he served as CEO. He also spent 12 years with Microsoft in various roles including general manager of database and developer tools, vice president of developer tools, and vice president of Microsoft’s platform group.
- Birger Steen, CEO, Parallels, will deliver a keynote entitled “Next generation software for the next generation Cloud made Easy.” SMB’s appetite for more complex cloud services continues to accelerate. This requires service providers to innovate faster. Steen will demonstrate Parallels latest and most innovative products that were designed specifically to meet SMB’s requirements. You will hear from Parallels leaders, successful partners and customers how they are transforming the way they do business with these products. Steen will also recognize the winners of the Parallels 2012 Partner Awards, honoring Parallels’ service provider partners across eight categories for their outstanding achievements with Parallels products, solutions and services.
- Serguei Beloussov, Executive Chairman of the Board and Chief Architect, Parallels. Author of “Why The Source Of Venture Capital Is As Important As The Money Itself.” He’s responsible for helping many companies develop value and scale in a very short period of time. “Serguei unplugged: Winners and losers in the cloud” is based on this unique bird’s eye view of the service provider landscape. Serguei will deliver the unvarnished truth of what is happening in our industry. He will share with you some of the smartest and dumbest business moves he has seen with hosters this year. You will hear the five steps to developing a successful company that scales.
- Jack Zubarev, President, Marketing & Alliances, Parallels, will host “Who wants to be a hosting millionaire.” This light-hearted and informative session is the perfect final keynote to take people into the fun, food and drink of the Closing Reception which immediately follows. Attendees have a chance to win some cash if they make it on stage and show that they know a thing or two about the hosting industry. Attendees will get to laugh while learning many key driving factors you need to know to survive and thrive in the hosting business.
Attendees can also meet and interact with other leading players in the hosting industry, including key executives and technical staff from Platinum and Gold event sponsors IBM, Symantec, Microsoft, Enom, LuxCloud and OpenXchange among the over 50 event sponsors from across the entire hosting ecosystem.
A detailed agenda of planned sessions and activities is available at http://www.parallels.com/summit/2013/agenda/. To register, and for information about training and certification sessions, please visit http://www.parallels.com/summit/2013/.
Parallels is a worldwide leader in hosting and cloud service enablement and desktop virtualization. Founded in 1999, Parallels is a fast-growing company with more than 900 employees in North America, Europe, and Asia.
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 AM EST Reads: 118
TechTarget storage websites are the best online information resource for news, tips and expert advice for the storage, backup and disaster recovery markets. By creating abundant, high-quality editorial content across more than 140 highly targeted technology-specific websites, TechTarget attracts and nurtures communities of technology buyers researching their companies' information technology needs. By understanding these buyers' content consumption behaviors, TechTarget creates the purchase inte...
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 AM EST Reads: 867
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life settle...
Feb. 20, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 151
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business. Though, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected with a majority of IoT projects having failed. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief IoTologist at Wipro, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology portfolios and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will delve in...
Feb. 20, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 1,179
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 20, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 171
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Feb. 20, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 5,109
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Feb. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,138
SYS-CON Events announced today that SD Times | BZ Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BZ Media LLC is a high-tech media company that produces technical conferences and expositions, and publishes a magazine, newsletters and websites in the software development, SharePoint, mobile development and commercial UAV markets.
Feb. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,459
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 20, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 1,345
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Feb. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,128
China Unicom exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE FDD, TD-LTE), fixed-line broadband, ICT, data communica...
Feb. 20, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 839
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Feb. 20, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,426
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 19, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 6,168
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 19, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 851
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often un...
Feb. 19, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 2,841
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Feb. 19, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 3,170
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 19, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,100
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 19, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,415
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 19, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 971
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 8,030