|By Business Wire||
|December 12, 2012 09:20 AM EST||
Parallels®, the hosting and cloud services enablement leader, announced its roster of exciting keynote speakers for Parallels Summit 2013, the leading global annual gathering of the cloud industry, scheduled from February 4-6, 2013, at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada. Parallels featured keynote speakers include Jeremy Gutsche, an innovation expert, award-winning author of Exploiting Chaos, and founder of TrendHunter.com; Tim Harmon who as Principal Analyst, Forrester Research, Inc. serves technology marketing professionals in developing SMB go-to-market channels; and Tod Nielsen, Co-President of Application Platform, VMware. Each are industry experts whose collective insight is highly sought-after for creating strategies to market IT services to small and medium businesses (SMBs).
Members of Parallels’ leadership team will also deliver keynote speeches – including Birger Steen, CEO; Serguei Beloussov, Executive Chairman of the Board & Chief Architect; and Jack Zubarev, President, Marketing and Alliances. These hosting industry authorities will share what Parallels has been developing in the last year including the latest innovations in Parallels software, offering attendees deep insight into their customers, and access to the broadest ecosystem of partners – all to make it easy for you to sell cloud services to SMBs.
Parallels Summit will feature rich sessions with integrated in-depth content arranged in three distinct tracks:
- Business track will feature innovative ways to understand and more deeply analyze customers behaviors
- Technical track is focused on how to make the best use of the latest innovations from Parallels R&D
- Developer track is for those who want to build and integrate rich services using the Application Packaging Standard (APS) in a way that was never possible before
In addition to the keynotes and training sessions, conference attendees will receive a detailed overview of Parallels product roadmap in advance of public announcements. Parallels SMB Cloud Insights™ research will be updated with all new analysis for US, Global, Mexico, and Brazil exploring what services SMBs say they want to buy from cloud service providers.
“I am looking forward to Parallels Summit 2013. Gathering the brightest and most innovative minds in the industry, Parallels Summit creates moments for attendees to make important connections,” said Birger Steen, CEO, Parallels. “Attendees will discover the latest solutions, gain insight from industry experts, network with their peers and move their business forward. All this in just a couple of days because the entire ecosystem will be there.”
Parallels invites attendees to register now and join the more than 1,500 industry influencers, leading technology analysts, media editors and reporters and online influentials from across the globe. From cloud service providers and developers, hosting companies, communication service providers (CSPs) to value-added resellers (VARs) and independent software vendors (ISVs), Parallels Summit 2013 is an unrivaled opportunity to build relationships with the leading players in the cloud space.
Keynote speakers at Parallels Summit 2012 include:
- Jeremy Gutsche is an innovation expert, the award-winning author of Exploiting Chaos, “one of North America’s most requested keynote speakers,” a judge on BNN’s TV show “The Pitch,” and the founder of TrendHunter.com, the world’s largest, most popular collection of cutting-edge trends, attracting nearly 1 BILLION views. He studied innovation at Stanford, received his MBA from Queen’s University and graduated as a Chancellor Scholar in finance from University of Calgary, where he was later awarded Graduate of the Decade. Prior to Trend Hunter, he grew a $1 billion portfolio of products at Capital One, as one of their youngest business directors. He is routinely sourced by the media, from The Economist to CNN and Entertainment Tonight to The New York Times. He has been described as “a new breed of trend spotter” by The Guardian, “an eagle eye” by Global TV, an “Oracle” by the Globe and Mail, an “intellectual can of Red Bull” by Association Week and “on the forefront of cool” by MTV.
- Tim Harmon serves Technology Marketing Professionals in developing SMB go-to-market channels via the application of best practices, business plans, metrics, tools, resources, relationships, and competitive intelligence. His research focuses on the impact of cloud computing and digital marketing on demand chain business models. Tim is a leading expert on business applications software (enterprise resource planning, business intelligence, marketing automation, and social project/collaboration management) and networking and hardware technologies. Prior to joining Forrester, Tim served in executive management and mentoring roles in the vendor, user, industry analyst, and venture capital aspects of the IT industry. He has been a featured speaker at many industry conferences involving business intelligence, data warehousing, performance management, and enterprise applications and has been published in Austin-American Statesman, BI Review, DM Review, and Intelligent Enterprise.
- Tod Nielsen joined VMware in January 2009 and leads the company’s application platform business, bringing more than 20 years of leadership experience in enterprise software and application development. Most recently, he was president and chief executive officer of Borland Software, where he had led the company since November 2005. Prior to Borland, he served as senior vice president of marketing and global sales support for Oracle and was chief marketing officer and executive vice president of engineering at BEA Systems, where he oversaw BEA’s worldwide marketing strategy, operations and research and development. Nielsen joined BEA after the acquisition of his private company, Crossgain Inc., where he served as CEO. He also spent 12 years with Microsoft in various roles including general manager of database and developer tools, vice president of developer tools, and vice president of Microsoft’s platform group.
- Birger Steen, CEO, Parallels, will deliver a keynote entitled “Next generation software for the next generation Cloud made Easy.” SMB’s appetite for more complex cloud services continues to accelerate. This requires service providers to innovate faster. Steen will demonstrate Parallels latest and most innovative products that were designed specifically to meet SMB’s requirements. You will hear from Parallels leaders, successful partners and customers how they are transforming the way they do business with these products. Steen will also recognize the winners of the Parallels 2012 Partner Awards, honoring Parallels’ service provider partners across eight categories for their outstanding achievements with Parallels products, solutions and services.
- Serguei Beloussov, Executive Chairman of the Board and Chief Architect, Parallels. Author of “Why The Source Of Venture Capital Is As Important As The Money Itself.” He’s responsible for helping many companies develop value and scale in a very short period of time. “Serguei unplugged: Winners and losers in the cloud” is based on this unique bird’s eye view of the service provider landscape. Serguei will deliver the unvarnished truth of what is happening in our industry. He will share with you some of the smartest and dumbest business moves he has seen with hosters this year. You will hear the five steps to developing a successful company that scales.
- Jack Zubarev, President, Marketing & Alliances, Parallels, will host “Who wants to be a hosting millionaire.” This light-hearted and informative session is the perfect final keynote to take people into the fun, food and drink of the Closing Reception which immediately follows. Attendees have a chance to win some cash if they make it on stage and show that they know a thing or two about the hosting industry. Attendees will get to laugh while learning many key driving factors you need to know to survive and thrive in the hosting business.
Attendees can also meet and interact with other leading players in the hosting industry, including key executives and technical staff from Platinum and Gold event sponsors IBM, Symantec, Microsoft, Enom, LuxCloud and OpenXchange among the over 50 event sponsors from across the entire hosting ecosystem.
A detailed agenda of planned sessions and activities is available at http://www.parallels.com/summit/2013/agenda/. To register, and for information about training and certification sessions, please visit http://www.parallels.com/summit/2013/.
Parallels is a worldwide leader in hosting and cloud service enablement and desktop virtualization. Founded in 1999, Parallels is a fast-growing company with more than 900 employees in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 10, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 581
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, focusing on how to help solve the problems that developers are continuously battling.
Oct. 10, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 510
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete end-to-end walkthrough of the analysis from start to finish. Participants will also be given the pract...
Oct. 10, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 327
WebRTC: together these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Cary Bran, VP of Innovation and New Ventures at Plantronics and PLT Labs, will provide an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it may enable, complement or entirely transform.
Oct. 10, 2015 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 765
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Oct. 10, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 654
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Oct. 10, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 775
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Oct. 10, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 176
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi's VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context w...
Oct. 9, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 150
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, will discuss the impact of technology on identity. Should we federate, or not? How should identity be secured? Who owns the identity? How is identity ...
Oct. 9, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 453
The IoT market is on track to hit $7.1 trillion in 2020. The reality is that only a handful of companies are ready for this massive demand. There are a lot of barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can we deal with these issues and challenges? The paradigm has changed. Old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways will certainly lead you to the dead end. What is mandatory is an overarching and adaptive approach to effectively handle the rapid changes and exponential growth.
Oct. 9, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 249
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new data-driven world, marketplaces reign supreme while interoperability, APIs and applications deliver un...
Oct. 9, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 320
Electric power utilities face relentless pressure on their financial performance, and reducing distribution grid losses is one of the last untapped opportunities to meet their business goals. Combining IoT-enabled sensors and cloud-based data analytics, utilities now are able to find, quantify and reduce losses faster – and with a smaller IT footprint. Solutions exist using Internet-enabled sensors deployed temporarily at strategic locations within the distribution grid to measure actual line loads.
Oct. 9, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 147
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, will explore the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Oct. 9, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 125
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Oct. 9, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 253
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 9, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 511
Today’s connected world is moving from devices towards things, what this means is that by using increasingly low cost sensors embedded in devices we can create many new use cases. These span across use cases in cities, vehicles, home, offices, factories, retail environments, worksites, health, logistics, and health. These use cases rely on ubiquitous connectivity and generate massive amounts of data at scale. These technologies enable new business opportunities, ways to optimize and automate, along with new ways to engage with users.
Oct. 9, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 192
The IoT is upon us, but today’s databases, built on 30-year-old math, require multiple platforms to create a single solution. Data demands of the IoT require Big Data systems that can handle ingest, transactions and analytics concurrently adapting to varied situations as they occur, with speed at scale. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, chief strategy officer at Deep Information Sciences, will look differently at IoT data so enterprises can fully leverage their IoT potential. He’ll share tips on how to speed up business initiatives, harness Big Data and remain one step ahead by apply...
Oct. 9, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 566
There will be 20 billion IoT devices connected to the Internet soon. What if we could control these devices with our voice, mind, or gestures? What if we could teach these devices how to talk to each other? What if these devices could learn how to interact with us (and each other) to make our lives better? What if Jarvis was real? How can I gain these super powers? In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, will show you!
Oct. 9, 2015 01:15 PM EDT
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Oct. 9, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 622
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 9, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 806