|By PR Newswire||
|January 3, 2013 09:31 AM EST||
COLUMBIA, S.C., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unitrends, the leading provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery solutions, today announced that the company experienced double digit revenue growth in 2012 – the best year in the company's 24-year history. Q4 2012 marked the company's 16th consecutive quarter of record growth, with 96% sales growth and 288% channel sales growth.
Unitrends achieved dramatic growth in Q4 and throughout 2012. Strong leadership, innovative and market-leading technologies, unrivaled customer support, aggressive competitive replacement programs and go-to-market initiatives all propelled the company to success. Highlights include:
- 96% growth in sales Q4 2012 over Q4 2011, and 88% growth 2012 over 2011.
- 288% growth in channel sales Q4 2012 over Q4 2011, and 104% growth 2012 over 2011.
- More than 390 new customers signed across industries, including banking, government, healthcare and higher education, in Q4 2012.
- Unrivaled customer support evidenced by the company's 98%-plus customer satisfaction rate. Attributing to this ranking is the fact that, on average, customer support phone calls are answered in three rings or less.
- More than 15,000 downloads of Unitrends Enterprise Backup Free Edition, the software-only version of the company's Recovery Series of physical appliances, since the solution launched in June 2012.
- Channel staff within Unitrends grew by 100% 2012 over 2011, and the number of channel representatives supporting Unitrends grew by 154% 2012 over 2011.
"Our explosive growth in 2012 is a direct reflection of our core belief that industry-changing technology innovations are but one part of a successful data protection solution," said Mike Coney, CEO of Unitrends. "Our partners and customers choose Unitrends because they know our products make easy, affordable, effective and reliable backup and disaster recovery a given, whether it's in a traditional data center, the cloud, a virtual environment that includes different hypervisors, or a combination of all three. And, perhaps most importantly, they know our employees are the best in the business and are always there to ensure their success. We gauge our own success on how well the IT professionals we serve sleep at night."
Technology and Innovation
In Q4, Unitrends continued to invest in the development of innovative unified data protection solutions that protect heterogeneous environments at the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) in the industry.
- Following its Sept. 2012 announcement that Unitrends Enterprise Backup is the industry's only native all-in-one Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 Hyper-V® role and Hyper-V 2012 Server backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery virtual appliance, Unitrends also became the first vendor to support Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and VMware® vSphere™ 5.1.
- In Q4, the company launched Unitrends Release 7.0, the next generation of Unitrends' virtual, physical and cloud backup and recovery solutions. More than 1,400 IT staff registered for a demo in mid-December showcasing the 7.0 release, which enhances data protection in virtualized and cloud environments and provides an expanded range of platform and enterprise application support. Innovative new features include:
- Hot-hot replication and retention for low recovery point objectives (RPOs) and recovery time objectives (RTOs)
- VMware SAN direct backup and recovery to reduce backup windows
- Application-aware VMware backups for enhanced host operating system (HOS)-level protection
- Oracle® and Microsoft Office SharePoint® support for native application protection – extending Unitrends' robust, feature-rich data backup and recovery functionality to even more enterprise-level applications
Additional Q4 Company Milestones
In addition to revenue, sales and product success, Unitrends also achieved the following milestones in Q4:
- Trade Up/Trade In Program Expansion – Following the success of its Symantec Backup Exec™ competitive replacement program earlier this year, Unitrends expanded its Trade Up/Trade In Program in Q4. The company offered up to a 50% discount to organizations switching from Veeam®, Barracuda and AppAssure® to a Unitrends backup solution by Dec. 31, 2012.
- Industry Recognition – In December, Unitrends was featured in the inaugural ranking of Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Awards, which recognized the private companies that have generated the most jobs from 2008 to 2011. Inc. placed Unitrends in the top five on its list of the top job creators in South Carolina and in the ninth spot in its list of Hire Power Award winners in the security industry, which included data protection. This recognition came only a few months after Unitrends earned a spot on the annual Inc. 500/5000 rankings in September. In October, Unitrends was honored with the "Advisor Award" at the fifth annual Spicies Awards hosted by Spiceworks. The award, voted on by IT professionals in the Spiceworks Community, was given to "the go-to resource for straight-talk, practical insight and the nitty-gritty technology details IT professionals need to do their jobs."
For more information on Unitrends and its enterprise-class data protection solutions for heterogeneous environments, please visit www.unitrends.com.
The trusted provider of all-in-one backup solutions, Unitrends enables its customers to focus on their business instead of backup. The company's family of scalable, all-in-one appliances and software solutions for backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery protects corporate data, over 100 different versions of servers, operating systems (including Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris and many others), SAN, NAS, hypervisors (including Hyper-V and VMware) and applications (including Exchange, SQL, Oracle and many others). Unitrends is the preferred choice of IT professionals because the company sets the standard in virtual, physical and cloud server data protection with instant recovery that enables complete system recovery in less than five minutes while Unitrends' pricing offers the lowest TCO in the industry. Unitrends' U.S.-based support team boasts a 99% customer satisfaction rate. Visit www.unitrends.com.
Jackie Gerbus for Unitrends, Inc.
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,262
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,526
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,327
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 603
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 606
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,094
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Oct. 1, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,802
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sheng Liang to Keynote at SYS-CON's 19th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1-3, 2016 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
Oct. 1, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 273
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Oct. 1, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,328
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Oct. 1, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 881
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 620
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,728
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 717
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 525
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,209
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,327
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 843
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Oct. 1, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,683
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,432
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,518