|By Marketwired .||
|January 9, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/09/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- The American Red Cross has implemented Oracle's ATG Web Commerce solutions, components of Oracle Commerce, to improve personalization and drive donations in support of its humanitarian services and programs through an improved customer experience on redcross.org.
- Red Cross deployed ATG Web Commerce to replace several hundred local Web sites with a single, standardized site that provides a better customer experience, reduces overall expenses and at the same time allows regional organizations to shape information and address local needs.
Delivering During a Crisis
- In the days following Hurricane Sandy, Red Cross relied heavily on its new Web site so people could get regional updates, find local shelters, donate money and volunteer for disaster relief efforts.
- During the Hurricane Sandy telethon on NBC, the Red Cross site handled peak volumes of more than 500,000 page requests per minute, 75,000 concurrent credit card users, and 22 financial transactions per second with 100 percent uptime.
- The ATG Web Commerce platform enables Red Cross to deliver information based on a visitor's location, so the organization was able to target content. That means that people in affected areas saw shelter and services updates while those coming to the site from outside the Sandy-impacted area could quickly find ways to volunteer, give blood, or make financial donations.
Helping to Mobilize the Power of Volunteers and Donors
- Volunteers and donors engage with the Red Cross in many different ways; the new site provides patrons with a consolidated view of their involvement, including volunteer work, monetary contributions, blood donations, online CPR courses and merchandise purchases.
- The charitable organization -- which responds to roughly 70,000 disasters per year, helping millions of people in need -- uses ATG Web Commerce On Demand to contain costs while having the infrastructure required to handle extreme increases in traffic during domestic and international disasters.
- Red Cross also uses ATG Web Commerce Service Center to make it easier to relay vital information gathered locally during disasters and respond faster to volunteer and donor inquiries.
- Empathy Lab and McFadyen Consulting Group, both Gold level partners in Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), worked with Red Cross on the new Web site.
- "We used Oracle's ATG Web Commerce personalization and content targeting capabilities during our Sandy response to update and make changes hourly, to keep people informed and make it easier for them to get help and know how to help," said Craig Oldham, Vice President of Marketing, Digital Engagement, American Red Cross. "Bringing all of the touchpoints onto a single platform makes it possible for us to offer users a personalized, consistent experience while reducing overall costs. We are using ATG Web Commerce to streamline how we engage and interact with donors, volunteers, course-takers and supporters."
- "Oracle's ATG Web Commerce has enabled us to standardize and simplify e-commerce operations, improve security and compliance, handle a disaster-related surge in activity, and provide new and better ways to connect with and to serve individuals and communities," said Suzanne Hall, Vice President of Information Technology, Multi Channel Commerce and Security, American Red Cross.
- "By standardizing on Oracle's ATG Web Commerce, the American Red Cross is equipping its teams to connect more effectively and efficiently with key audiences while making it easier for people to get involved," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. "When you centralize commerce operations and deploy the right tools, you also improve the ability to make the end user's experience more personally relevant, satisfying and productive."
- About The American Red Cross
- About Oracle ATG Web Commerce
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
- Complete Commerce Blog
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide - including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers - use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 6, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,397
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 6, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,433
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 6, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,254
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 6, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,481
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 5, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,353
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,505
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 5, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,052
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 5, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 790
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 5, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 761
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 5, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,080
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 5, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,494
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 5, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 778
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 5, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 613
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,336
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,368
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 5, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,581
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 5, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,295
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 5, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,409
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 5, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,334
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,664