|By Business Wire||
|January 18, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
PerspecSys Inc., the leader in cloud data protection and residency solutions for the enterprise, today announced it has been named a finalist for the Info Security Products Guide 2013 Global Excellence Awards in the cloud security category. These prestigious global awards recognize security and IT vendors with advanced, groundbreaking products and solutions that are helping set the bar higher for others in all areas of security and technologies. Winners will be honored in San Francisco on February 27, 2013 during the annual awards dinner and presentation.
PerspecSys was selected as a finalist because its unique Cloud Data Protection Gateway gives enterprises and public-sector organizations total control over their sensitive data while making their move to the cloud. Cloud end-users retain full functionality of popular cloud applications such as Oracle CRM On Demand and Salesforce.com, and the organization still meets its legal and industry data privacy and security compliance requirements.
Using patented technology, the PerspecSys Gateway intercepts sensitive data while it is still on-premise and replaces it with a random tokenized or encrypted value, rendering it meaningless should anyone outside of the company access the data while it is being processed or stored in the cloud. In addition, the PerspecSys solution offers the differentiated ability to preserve SaaS functionality – even when the data is tokenized or strongly encrypted – using encryption such as National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) listed FIPS 140-2 compliant modules. With PerspecSys, end users have access to features and functions such as ability to search and sort data, send e-mails, and generate reports – even on sensitive data that has been tokenized or encrypted.
“We are proud to have PerspecSys recognized once again as an industry leader whose Gateway solution is helping set the standard for cloud data protection worldwide,” said David Canellos, PerspecSys CEO. “Our sole focus is on protecting sensitive corporate and public sector data in the cloud, which we believe is one of the most important security and privacy imperatives facing global organizations today. This acknowledgement from Info Security Products Guide further validates our solution and highlights our success to-date.”
About Info Security Products Guide Awards
SVUS Awards organized by Silicon Valley Communications are conferred in four annual award programs: The Info Security’s Global Excellence Awards, The IT Industry’s Hot Companies and Best Products Awards, The Golden Bridge Business and Innovation Awards, and Consumer Products Guide’s Best Choice Awards. These premier awards honor organizations of all types and sizes from all over the world including people behind them, the products, performance, PR and marketing. To learn more, visit www.svusawards.com.
About PerspecSys Inc.
PerspecSys Inc. is a provider of cloud data protection solutions that enable mission-critical cloud applications to be adopted throughout the enterprise. PerspecSys removes the technical, legal and financial risks of placing sensitive company data in the cloud. The company accomplishes this for many large, heavily regulated companies across the world by never allowing sensitive data to leave a customer’s network, while maintaining the functionality of cloud applications. Based in Toronto, PerspecSys Inc. is a privately held company backed by leading investors including Intel Capital and GrowthWorks. For more information on PerspecSys, please visit www.perspecsys.com or follow on Twitter @perspecsys.
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- VOCALCOM Effortless Contact Center Software Revolutionizes Contact Center Performance: AW Rostamani Takes Advantage to Accelerate Business Growth
- Research and Markets: Cloud Computing Market in Japan 2014-2018
- @ThingsExpo Announces "Internet of Things" Sponsorship Opportunities
- Oracle Solaris 11.2 Now Generally Available
- Octoblu's IoT Presentation by Chris Matthieu at Internet Of @ThingsExpo
- Business Process Management (BPM), Cloud, Mobile, and Patterns Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014-2020
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Top Five Best Practices for Your Application PaaS Audience
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- A Cloud Odyssey
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- From Supply-Led to Demand-Led: Lead Your IT to Better Serve Your Users
- Oracle Buys MICROS Systems
- Plug into the Cloud: Your Blueprint to Database as a Service
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Oracle SOA Suite
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- A Review Of Oracle Application Server 10g
- An Introduction to Abbot
- Java Product Review — Oracle JDeveloper An IDE Worth a Second Look
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Universal Middleware: What's Happening With OSGi and Why You Should Care
- How to Diagnose Java Resource Starvation