|By Marketwired .||
|January 28, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/28/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Globe Telecom (Globe), one of the leading telecommunications companies in the Philippines, has implemented Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions for its business support systems (BSS) and operations support systems (OSS) to support the carrier's ongoing initiative to drive better integration of legacy systems and third-party applications and enable re-usable service-based connectivity in a heterogeneous IT environment.
- Serving more than 32 million subscribers in the country, Globe targets to leverage the Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) project to support the goal of quintuple revenue growth over the next five years. The project is going to provide the backbone infrastructure and underlying connectivity required for the carrier's BSS and OSS platforms. The integrated solutions include Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Service Bus and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud.
- Before the deployment of the ESB project, Globe faced a range of business and IT challenges such as lack of flexibility to adapt to the changing business requirements and keep pace with rapid business growth, and inability to scale up systems performance to address large and unexpected spikes in workload demand.
- In May 2012, Globe decided to move away from the existing IBM-based middleware infrastructure and choose Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions to modernize its IT infrastructure in order to speed time to market, improve system resilience and increase business agility at lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is hardware and software engineered together to provide extreme performance, reliability and scalability for Java, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Applications and ISV applications, while delivering lower total cost of ownership, reduced risk, higher user productivity and one-stop support.
- The pre-engineered and open architecture of Oracle Exalogic delivers the benefits of reduced application integration complexity, shortened implementation time, and increased flexibility to handle high workload demand. It also helps decrease development and maintenance costs as the new robust and scalable platform is able to support future systems deployment.
- Globe had been searching for an appropriate technology solution to support its critical and demanding business requirements for a long time. Oracle SOA Suite is one of the key determinants for Globe's ESB project. Oracle SOA Suite transforms complex point-to-point application integration into a simplified and agile shared service application infrastructure, enabling the re-use of existing resources and minimizing the changes to applications. Due to increased adaptability of the software and enhanced flexibility to scale out the systems, the ESB project is expected to reduce the overall TCO and deliver high return on investment (ROI) in the medium to long run.
- The implementation of the ESB project is targeted to be completed by the end of the first quarter of 2013. NCSI (Philippines) Inc., a Gold level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), provides consultancy and implementation services for the ESB project and covers the installation at the carrier's production and disaster recovery sites.
- "We want our subscribers to 'Enjoy Globe, Your Way' -- this is a goal that we had in mind when the ESB Project was conceived. We hope to offer our customers products and services that are relevant to them based on their needs. In our world today where change is inevitable because of changing markets, rules, and regulations, this is usually expensive and hard to implement. However, our goal of flexibility and agility can be achieved if we have an enterprise architecture that will allow us to adapt to changes faster and drive operational costs down," said Henry Aguda, Chief Information Officer, Globe Telecom. "This project makes this vision possible by implementing a solution that promotes Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). With this solution, we hope to address the challenges that a lot of companies face today if their IT and organizations operate in silos."
- "We wanted a solution that will deliver universal connectivity and transformation across heterogeneous information technology (IT) environments. With an improved and more integrated Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), we will have the agility and flexibility to deliver more innovative products and services to our customers at less cost. This new open system will also allow easier integration with our other systems and frameworks to provide a seamless customer experience across our array of products," said Henry Aguda, Chief Information Officer, Globe Telecom. "We are confident that in choosing Oracle as our technology partner, we will be able to focus our investment on business growth and development instead of spending on the maintenance of complicated and silo-based systems."
- "It is very encouraging to see the delivery of positive results from the fast implementation of Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Exalogic which took less than ten months to complete. The pre-configured and pre-integrated solutions will help Globe improve business agility and become more adaptive to the dynamic changes in the telecommunications industry," said Ying Loong Chin, Vice President, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle ASEAN. "With the breadth and depth of our industry expertise and technology excellence, we are ready to provide telecommunications service providers with more innovative solutions to address multiple challenges and opportunities brought by emerging and disruptive technologies such as social, mobile and cloud in years ahead."
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- Oracle Service Bus
- Oracle SOA Suite
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Learn more about Oracle Exalogic Customers
- Learn more about Oracle Fusion Middleware Customers
- Connect with Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud on Twitter and Facebook
- Connect with Oracle Fusion Middleware on Twitter and Facebook
About Globe Telecom
Globe Telecom is a leading full service telecommunications company in the Philippines, serving the needs of consumers and businesses across an entire suite of products and services including mobile, fixed, broadband, data connections, internet and managed services. Its principals are Ayala Corporation and SingTel who are acknowledged industry leaders in the country and in the region. For more information, visit www.globe.com.ph. Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/talk2Globe and Facebook: http://facebook.com/GlobePH.
About Oracle Exalogic
Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is a superfast engineered system designed, optimized and certified for running Java, Oracle and non-Oracle business applications with simplified management, open standards compliance and one-stop support. It offers customers the best choice for extreme data center performance, reliability and scalability, and enables a lower total cost of ownership and faster time to market.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief Architect at CTS, will explore the synergy of Big Data and IoT. First he will take a closer look at the Internet of Things and Big Data individually, in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. Then he will explore the relationship between IoT and Big Data. Specifically, he will drill down to how the 4Vs aspects intersect with IoT: Volume, Variety, Velocity and Value. In turn, Tony will analyze how the key components of IoT influence Big Data: Device, Connectivity, Context, and Intelligence. He will dive deep to the matrix...
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 288
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Building actually breathes - immediately flagging overheating in a closet or over cooling in unoccupied ho...
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 236
Scott Guthrie's keynote presentation "Journey to the intelligent cloud" is a must view video. This is from AzureCon 2015, September 29, 2015 I have reproduced some screen shots in case you are unable to view this long video for one reason or another. One of the highlights is 3 datacenters coming on line in India.
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 221
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 6, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 736
“The Internet of Things transforms the way organizations leverage machine data and gain insights from it,” noted Splunk’s CTO Snehal Antani, as Splunk announced accelerated momentum in Industrial Data and the IoT. The trend is driven by Splunk’s continued investment in its products and partner ecosystem as well as the creativity of customers and the flexibility to deploy Splunk IoT solutions as software, cloud services or in a hybrid environment. Customers are using Splunk® solutions to collect and correlate data from control systems, sensors, mobile devices and IT systems for a variety of Ind...
Oct. 6, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 583
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 6, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 459
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud without worrying about any lock-in fears. In fact by having standard APIs for IaaS would help PaaS expl...
Oct. 6, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 575
Organizations already struggle with the simple collection of data resulting from the proliferation of IoT, lacking the right infrastructure to manage it. They can't only rely on the cloud to collect and utilize this data because many applications still require dedicated infrastructure for security, redundancy, performance, etc. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Emil Sayegh, CEO of Codero Hosting, will discuss how in order to resolve the inherent issues, companies need to combine dedicated and cloud solutions through hybrid hosting – a sustainable solution for the data required to manage I...
Oct. 6, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 436
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text message to Betty – mobile messaging now offers tremendous value to businesses for customer and empl...
Oct. 6, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 165
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud Data Services, will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user experience, both offline and online. The focus of this talk will be on IBM Cloudant, Apa...
Oct. 6, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 448
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Oct. 6, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 735
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Oct. 6, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 569
The enterprise is being consumerized, and the consumer is being enterprised. Moore's Law does not matter anymore, the future belongs to business virtualization powered by invisible service architecture, powered by hyperscale and hyperconvergence, and facilitated by vertical streaming and horizontal scaling and consolidation. Both buyers and sellers want instant results, and from paperwork to paperless to mindless is the ultimate goal for any seamless transaction. The sweetest sweet spot in innovation is automation. The most painful pain point for any business is the mismatch between supplies a...
Oct. 6, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 135
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, focusing on how to help solve the problems that developers are continuously battling.
Oct. 6, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 411
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 5, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 617
As enterprises capture more and more data of all types – structured, semi-structured, and unstructured – data discovery requirements for business intelligence (BI), Big Data, and predictive analytics initiatives grow more complex. A company’s ability to become data-driven and compete on analytics depends on the speed with which it can provision their analytics applications with all relevant information. The task of finding data has traditionally resided with IT, but now organizations increasingly turn towards data source discovery tools to find the right data, in context, for business users, d...
Oct. 5, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 381
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobile software company with over 150 developers, designers, quality assurance engineers, project manage...
Oct. 5, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 735
Learn how IoT, cloud, social networks and last but not least, humans, can be integrated into a seamless integration of cooperative organisms both cybernetic and biological. This has been enabled by recent advances in IoT device capabilities, messaging frameworks, presence and collaboration services, where devices can share information and make independent and human assisted decisions based upon social status from other entities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Heydt, founder of Seamless Thingies, will discuss and demonstrate how devices and humans can be integrated from a simple clust...
Oct. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 629
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Raxak has been named “Media & Session Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Raxak Protect automates security compliance across private and public clouds. Using the SaaS tool or managed service, developers can deploy cloud apps quickly, cost-effectively, and without error.
Oct. 3, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 627
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, will discuss the impact of technology on identity. Should we federate, or not? How should identity be secured? Who owns the identity? How is identity ...
Oct. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 420