|By Marketwired .||
|January 31, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- With rising demand for next-generation Oracle Fusion Applications across organizations of all sizes, Oracle today announced that Oracle Partners have developed the first Oracle Accelerate solutions for Oracle Fusion Human Capital Management (HCM), enabling midsize organizations to quickly and easily adopt modern solutions for growing and managing their business.
- Oracle Accelerate is Oracle's partner-driven approach to providing simple-to-deploy, fast time-to-benefit solutions for midsize organizations. Oracle Accelerate solutions offer industry-specific applications, implemented rapidly using Oracle Business Accelerators cloud-based rapid implementation tools and delivered with the proven expertise of a global network of skilled partners via Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN).
- Fifteen partners created 22 new industry- and geography-specific Oracle Accelerate solutions over the past six months, with solutions spanning the range of Oracle Applications, including the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Oracle CRM, Oracle Hyperion Performance Management Applications and Oracle Fusion HCM.
New Oracle Accelerate Solutions Empower Midsize Organizations to Leverage Modern, Enterprise-Class Applications
- To meet demand for enterprise grade applications for midsize organizations, Oracle partners continue to develop new solutions that streamline the implementation and deployment of Oracle Applications, including the next generation Oracle Fusion Applications.
- With industry-standard Oracle Applications available in a variety of deployment options, including cloud, on-premise, hosted and hybrid, midsize organizations are empowered to quickly adopt solutions to streamline operations and grow their business.
- Oracle Accelerate solution providers are expanding their offerings to meet the diverse needs of growing organizations, delivering the first Oracle Accelerate solutions across product lines and industries:
- As businesses of all sizes strive to effectively leverage and nurture talent, Oracle Partners Cognizant Technology Solutions, Drivestream Inc., Infosys Limited and KPMG LLP have developed the first Oracle Accelerate solutions for Oracle Fusion HCM. The new solutions, tailored for North America-based companies, will enable midsize organizations in the financial services and professional services industries to rapidly adopt innovative, strategic human capital management.
- With pharmaceutical manufacturing thriving in China, APAC partner HAND Enterprise Solutions Company Limited created the first Oracle Accelerate solutions for the Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle CRM that address the requirements of the pharmaceutical industry.
- To support demand for easy-to-deploy enterprise grade applications globally, Oracle partners developed new solutions tailored for geographical regions:
- APAC partner Chain-Sys (India) Private Limited developed its first Oracle Accelerate solutions, with five solution offerings for the Oracle E-Business Suite across the automotive, industrial manufacturing, professional services, travel and transportation, and utilities industries.
- EMEA partners, including new Oracle Accelerate partner Prōject (EU) Limited, created nine new solutions for midsize companies in Belgium, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal and the United Kingdom.
- "Demand for Oracle Fusion HCM is strong, particularly among midsize businesses eager to standardize on enterprise grade applications to help grow their business," said John Doel, Principal Advisory Services, KPMG LLP. "Our packaged rapid-implementation solutions for Oracle Fusion HCM will enable growing businesses to capitalize on the power of enterprise-class HR right away."
- "As the cloud becomes more popular, we find offering a choice in deployment options is key to helping midsize companies select, implement and adopt enterprise technology," said Tarang Puranik, AVP Oracle Head - RCL, Infosys Ltd. "By offering a rapid deployment of Oracle Fusion Applications in the cloud, we're meeting an important market need."
- "Oracle Accelerate provides a powerful vehicle to deliver leading applications to a broad range of midsize businesses across industries. We are thrilled to join the program and work with Oracle to create solutions to help growing businesses in India leverage the Oracle E-Business Suite," said Murugiah Shanmugam, Vice President, Chain-Sys (India) Private Limited. "With structured parameters and defined best practices to ensure speedy, successful implementations, the Oracle Accelerate program enables us to expand our client roster into emerging businesses."
- "For growing organizations, laying a technology foundation is a strategic decision that can help advance business success and increase industry momentum," said Steve Cox, vice president, Oracle Accelerate for Midsize Companies. "With new Oracle Accelerate solutions across geographies, industries and product lines, Oracle Partners are empowering midsize businesses to adopt these new technologies quickly and with little risk."
- Oracle Accelerate for Midsize Companies
- Oracle for Midsize Companies
- Oracle Midsize Customer Success Stories
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Resource Library for Midsize Companies
- Oracle Business Accelerators
- Oracle Accelerate for Midsize Companies Knowledge Zone
- Find Your Oracle Accelerate Solution
- Video: Grow Your Business with Oracle Accelerate
- Facebook page for Oracle Accelerate for Midsize Companies
About Oracle Accelerate
Oracle Accelerate provides simple to deploy, packaged, enterprise-class software solutions to growing midsize organizations through Oracle's network of expert partners. Created by Oracle's expert partners, Oracle Accelerate solutions are simple to deploy, industry-specific packaged solutions, designed for fast time to benefit, which means getting the right solution in place quickly, inexpensively and with a controlled scope and predictable returns. The best Oracle Accelerate Solutions are based on Oracle Business Accelerators, which are powerful, cloud-based rapid implementation tools developed and maintained by Oracle to get you up and running on a wide range of Oracle Applications, both quickly and reliably. Oracle has more than 290,000 midsize customers who buy Oracle to grow. To find out more, visit www.oracle.com/accelerate.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" in this scenario: microservice A (releases daily) depends on a couple of additions to backend B (re...
Nov. 29, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 456
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound effect on the world, and what should we expect to see over the next couple of years.
Nov. 29, 2015 04:30 AM EST Reads: 482
Container technology is shaping the future of DevOps and it’s also changing the way organizations think about application development. With the rise of mobile applications in the enterprise, businesses are abandoning year-long development cycles and embracing technologies that enable rapid development and continuous deployment of apps. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kurt Collins, Developer Evangelist at Built.io, examined how Docker has evolved into a highly effective tool for application delivery by allowing increasingly popular Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (mBaaS) platforms to quickly crea...
Nov. 29, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 372
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, wil...
Nov. 29, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 589
PubNub has announced the release of BLOCKS, a set of customizable microservices that give developers a simple way to add code and deploy features for realtime apps.PubNub BLOCKS executes business logic directly on the data streaming through PubNub’s network without splitting it off to an intermediary server controlled by the customer. This revolutionary approach streamlines app development, reduces endpoint-to-endpoint latency, and allows apps to better leverage the enormous scalability of PubNub’s Data Stream Network.
Nov. 29, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 336
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Ben Perlmutter, a Sales Engineer with IBM Cloudant, demonstrated techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user experience, both offline and online. The focus of this talk was on IBM Cloudant, Apache CouchDB, and ...
Nov. 29, 2015 02:45 AM EST Reads: 418
I recently attended and was a speaker at the 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center. I also had the opportunity to attend this event last year and I wrote a blog from that show talking about how the “Enterprise Impact of IoT” was a key theme of last year’s show. I was curious to see if the same theme would still resonate 365 days later and what, if any, changes I would see in the content presented.
Nov. 29, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 434
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical to maintaining positive ROI. Raxak Protect is an automated security compliance SaaS platform and ma...
Nov. 28, 2015 08:00 PM EST Reads: 431
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Nov. 28, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 479
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 341
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound cha...
Nov. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 554
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Summit, Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, demonstrated examples of com...
Nov. 28, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 408
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningful and actionable insights. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Paul Turner, Chief Marketing Officer at...
Nov. 28, 2015 11:15 AM EST Reads: 417
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 517
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 28, 2015 10:30 AM EST Reads: 316
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 199
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessions, I wanted to share some of my observations on emerging trends. As cyber security serves as a fou...
Nov. 28, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 332
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Nov. 28, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 442
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now all corporate assets – people, objects, and spaces – can share information about themselves and thei...
Nov. 28, 2015 06:00 AM EST Reads: 255
Continuous processes around the development and deployment of applications are both impacted by -- and a benefit to -- the Internet of Things trend. To help better understand the relationship between DevOps and a plethora of new end-devices and data please welcome Gary Gruver, consultant, author and a former IT executive who has led many large-scale IT transformation projects, and John Jeremiah, Technology Evangelist at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), on Twitter at @j_jeremiah. The discussion is moderated by me, Dana Gardner, Principal Analyst at Interarbor Solutions.
Nov. 28, 2015 05:30 AM EST Reads: 736