|By Marketwired .||
|February 12, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/12/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle announced today that Oracle's PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack (SAIP) v9.0 has become the first student information system (SIS) to achieve official conformance certification with IMS Global Learning Consortium's Learning Information Services (LIS) v2.0 Beta 1 specification.
- The IMS Global LIS v2.0 Beta 1 specification certification tests are the first of its kind in providing third party vendor-neutral certification to open standards. Products that are certified to the LIS standards enable higher education institutions to reduce costs and complexity as they manage the exchange of information between student information systems and learning management systems (LMS). The LIS specification provides the industry with a definable yard stick to measure learning system interoperability.
- IMS Global granted PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack v9.0 conformance certification upon completion of the final testing set forth by the LIS working group which consists of higher education institutions, vendors and partners who have provided feedback and support during LIS v2.0 specification development. Oracle has been an active member since the group's inception and holds multiple leadership positions.
- PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack, part of Oracle's Academic Enterprise Solutions suite, provides an open, standards-based integration enabling higher education institutions to efficiently integrate and manage their various administrative and educational systems - streamlining business processes and decreasing implementation and maintenance costs for a greater return on investment (ROI).
- By achieving LIS conformance certification, IMS Global has validated that PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack provides out-of-the-box integration between PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and major vendor-supplied and open source learning management systems that also conform to LIS specification.
- Since releasing PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack in 2009, Oracle has issued several major updates to the product based on the evolving LIS specification and feedback from customers and partners in the LIS working group -- ensuring the product met the latest industry standards.
- IMS Global provides a neutral, members-based forum that enables higher education leaders -- including hardware and software vendors, educational institutions, publishers, government agencies, systems integrators, multimedia content providers and other consortia -- to come together to advocate the use of technology to support and transform education and learning.
- "IMS Global Learning Consortium is excited to announce that Oracle is the first SIS vendor to obtain LIS conformance. Oracle has provided leadership and guidance throughout the specification process and shares in our goal of increasing flexibility, simplifying system deployment and improving system performance with universal learning system interoperability. We look forward to seeing other vendors follow Oracle's lead and reach conformance," said Dr. Rob Abel, chief executive officer, IMS Global Learning Consortium.
- "The IMS Global LIS v2.0 specification encourages the industry to turn integration from a complex customization into a utility -- increasing system stability and performance," said Mark Armstrong, vice president, higher education product development, Oracle, and member of board of directors, IMS Global Learning Consortium. "Conformance confirms Oracle's longstanding commitment to system interoperability, and we are pleased to provide our higher education customers with an industry-leading SIS backed by IMS Global Learning Consortium's conformance certification stamp."
- Oracle in Higher Education
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack
- PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- Oracle Higher Education on Facebook
- Oracle Higher Education on Diigo
About IMS Global Learning Consortium (IMS Global)
IMS Global, www.imsglobal.org, is a nonprofit organization that advances technology that can affordably scale and improve educational participation and attainment. IMS members are leading suppliers, institutions and government organizations that are enabling the future of education by collaborating on interoperability and adoption initiatives. IMS sponsors Learning Impact: A global awards program and conference to recognize the impact of innovative technology on educational access, affordability and quality.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the education and research industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- Research and Markets: Cloud Computing Market in Japan 2014-2018
- Octoblu's IoT Presentation by Chris Matthieu at Internet Of @ThingsExpo
- @ThingsExpo Announces "Internet of Things" Sponsorship Opportunities
- Oracle Solaris 11.2 Now Generally Available
- Business Process Management (BPM), Cloud, Mobile, and Patterns Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014-2020
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Rapid Growth in the Public Cloud Services Market is Fueling Major Market Share Battles, According to IDC
- Mike Kavis Joins Internet Of @ThingsExpo Faculty
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- A Cloud Odyssey
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- From Supply-Led to Demand-Led: Lead Your IT to Better Serve Your Users
- Oracle Buys MICROS Systems
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- The Top 50 Most Powerful Women in Technology Announced by the National Diversity Council
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Oracle SOA Suite
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- A Review Of Oracle Application Server 10g
- An Introduction to Abbot
- Java Product Review — Oracle JDeveloper An IDE Worth a Second Look
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Universal Middleware: What's Happening With OSGi and Why You Should Care
- How to Diagnose Java Resource Starvation